Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 15, 2015

What if Gaius modeled underwear...?

Yes, this is what I do in my spare time and since I have a notebook full of Gaius sketches in various poses and states of undress, I thought it'd be nice to digitally ink one.  Am I a little embarrassed about my hyperfangirlism? Oh yes.  Will it stop me from continuing?  Oh no.  From experience I learned that I need to just let these things run their course.  Any form of suppression over the things I love to do will only result in repressed feelings that will suddenly erupt out of the blue at very inconvenient times.

Thanks to "Drawing with Jazza" on YouTube, I've been studying the male figure and hands; two subjects I never quite got the hang of when I took my first and last art class in junior high.  (That was back in the day when there were no cell phones and digital art was unheard of.)

Gaius is graceful, and I wanted the lines to flow well.  His pose is both fluid and unmoving.  His clothes are both tight and loose and he's draped in light and shadow.  A bunch of contradictions here, but above all this 2D character is fit and gorgeous.  He's walking towards the camera like he's about to do a hair commercial and he knows he's beautiful.  I'm a sucker for all things beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment